2018 SECA Conference
March 1-3, 2018
Hyatt Regency – Lexington & Lexington Center
Every child needs a champion. At this year’s Southern Early Childhood Association Conference, you can network with fellow early care and education colleagues, listen to prestigious speakers, attend educational sessions, and much more.
Keynote speakers are Dr. Iheoma Iruka, Don Monopoli, Maurice Sykes, Mary Jo Huff, and Lisa Maddox-Vinson.
- Breakout Session Topics
- engaging young children with autism, disabilities or PTSD
- classroom environments
- classroom power struggles
- conflict resolution with staff
- cooperative challenges and conflict-resolution for toddlers
- collaborating with families
- early brain development
- early developmental screening
- emotional intelligence
- home visits to rural families
- involving fathers
- language development in infants and toddlers
- literacy strategies
- music for kids
- natural sensory experiences and outdoor learning
- outdoor play spaces and designs
- preschool mathematics
- problem-solving with kids
- seminars for directors and trainers
- strategies for fostering resilience and mindfulness in children
- supporting breastfeeding families
- toddlers and emotions
- yoga, martial arts and creative movement for children
and much more…
Activities also include exhibits, a silent auction to benefit the Janie Humphries Student Leadership Development Fund, tours of Lakeshore Learning Materials and Central Kentucky Riding for Hope (equine therapy), and a bluegrass reception. Earn CEUs for attending.
Hurry! Registration ends February 20th.