Webinar Series: Advancing Equity in Early Childhood
Nemours Children’s Health and Healthy Eating Research at Duke University are pleased to announce a new webinar series, “Healthy Kids, Healthy Future: Advancing Equity in Early Childhood.” Through four webinars, this series will explore how to leverage early care and education settings to achieve equitable health outcomes by highlighting opportunities and advances in:
Webinars will focus on strategies to advance progress in preventing obesity and reducing food insecurity in early childhood.
June Webinar: Research
June 15, 2022
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm ET
Speakers will present key findings from research on healthy eating and physical activity in early care and education settings, highlight upcoming research, identify remaining research gaps and explore novel approaches to obesity prevention in early care and education.
- Moderator- Megan Lott, Deputy Director, Healthy Eating Research, Duke Global Health Institute
- Erica Kenney, Assistant Professor of Public Health Nutrition, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dipti Dev, Associate Professor and Childhood Health Behaviors Extension Specialist, College of Education and Human Sciences, University of Nebraska
- Alison Tovar, Associate Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Center for Health Promotion and Health Equity, Brown University
- Jerold Mande, Adjunct Professor of Nutrition, Department of Nutrition, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
May Webinar: Policy
May 25, 2022
Speakers explore policy opportunities to address food insecurity and obesity prevention in early care and education settings. Speakers present insights and recommendations on federal, state and local policies that have strong potential to move the needle on childhood obesity prevention and lead to more equitable health outcomes for children.