2022-2023 TAP Springboard Opportunities
2022-2023 Springboard Opportunities Offered by CDC and Nemours Children’s Health for States to Advance Early Care and Education Work
What is the Healthy Kids, Healthy Future: Technical Assistance Program (HKHF TAP)?
HKHF TAP is a cooperative agreement between CDC and Nemours Children’s that provides support to improve healthy eating and physical activity best practices in ECE settings and systems. HKHF TAP currently helps 12 states to advance their system-level ECE work through tailored technical assistance and special projects.
Who should participate?
Program managers, ECE program state leads, nutrition staff, physical activity staff, and any interested program staff in any state. All states are eligible, including SPAN, HKHF TAP, FIG, and Ambassador states.
Springboards offered this year include:
- GIS Mapping for CACFP Outreach & Promotion with Child Care Aware of America®
- Early Childhood Outdoor Learning Environments courses with Natural Learning Initiative, NC State University
- Early Childhood Outdoor Learning Environments Certificate Course
- *New* Gardening Activity Guide Certificate Course
- Equity Support with Institute for Public Health Innovation
- Equity Training with Technical Assistance
- *New* Technical Assistance Only Option (for states that have completed the IPHI Equity Training)
- Physical Activity Learning Sessions (PALS) with Nemours Children’s
Process to Apply:
- HKHF TAP States: Communicate selections with your Nemours Children’s State Systems Specialist ASAP.
- All other states (SPAN and Ambassador):
- Review the Springboard Webinar presentation and supplemental documents.
- Discuss the opportunities with your state partners and stakeholders.
- Inform your State SPAN Project Manager and CDC SPAN Project Officer, if applicable, and other stakeholders of your interest in accessing the Springboard Opportunities.
- Complete the online Expression of Interest form, selecting up to two (2)
- For states new to Springboards, schedule a meeting with Nemours Children’s.
- Commit to access, implement, and integrate the Springboard Opportunity into your existing plans.
For more information, email Caliste Chong @ Caliste.Chong@nemours.org.