Welcome to PALS (Physical Activity Learning Session)
PALS is an out-of-the-box training package for early care and education (ECE) and health training and technical assistance (T/TA) staff on the best practices for physical activity.
PALS trains and coaches state early care and education (ECE) and health training and technical assistance (T/TA) staff working directly with ECE providers (Head Start, Early Head Start, Child Care Centers, family child care, prekindergarten). The goal is to increase their knowledge of best practices for physical activity in children birth to five. PALS combines content learning with facility-level self-assessments, policy development opportunities, resources and materials, aimed at supporting practice change in ECE programs — leading to healthier, more active children.
The PALS project works with states to increase physical activity best practices into their ECE systems. State participation in PALS includes:
- An in-person, customized partner meeting and Train the Trainer session;
- An out-of-the-box training package including a PowerPoint presentation, Facilitator Guide and Resource Kit;
- On-going technical assistance;
- Networking opportunities with national early childhood and health state system organizations and representatives; and
- Access to resources and materials supporting ECE program practice and policy change.
PALS is located in the highlighted states
If you would like to participate in PALS, please email us for more information on how to get your state involved.